Friday, April 10, 2009

Thing 23

I completed the survery.

This is the end
My only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end

Well, as I come to end of my blog I can't help but turn to thoughts of my own mortality. Will my death come sooner or later? Will it be sudden or gradual? Will I stiff the Department of Education with my college loans? That would be sweet!

But now is not the time to mourn; now is the time to celebrate. To those that have joined me on this journey I thank you. When the aliens come to destroy earth I hope your death is quick and painless. To those who did not join us, I hope your death is as slow and painful as the movie Titanic. Just kidding. I hope it's more like the movie The Perfect Storm where there is no hope of rescue.

Anyway...back to me and my mortality.

I often wonder what my last words will be. Will they be an ultimatum like when Oscar Wilde said, “Either this wallpaper goes, or I do!” Or will they be as shrewd as Humphrey Bogart when he declared, “I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis."

Last words are a luxury. With that in mind, and borrowing from P.J. O’Rourke, I leave you with these last words from my blog: this blog has been free and worth every penny.

TD

2 comments: